Every artist I have ever worked with would like to squeeze more time from their busy calendars. After all, you are overflowing with ideas. You’ll never have time to make everything you want to make, and that is incredibly frustrating. In this episode I share 8 tips for time management along with 2 truths to consider.
2 Truths about Time Management
- Time management is a lie. Instead, focus on self-management.
- The important stuff always gets done.
8 Tips for Time Management
- Make time for planning and use the brain dump when overwhelm creeps in.
- Understand your natural rhythms, and adjust your schedule to optimize your most productive hours.
- Honor your calendar and block out uninterrupted time for critical tasks.
- Turn repeated tasks into systems to eliminate decision-making.
- Group similar tasks together to save time and energy.
- Stop multitasking because it adds up to 25% more time to complete tasks.
- Automate everything possible, including follow-up for your subscribers.
- Learn to say No to invitations and opportunities that don’t align with your long-term goals.
📖 Read full transcript, find resources, see featured artists and related episodes, and leave a comment
Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkeman
Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
Organize Your Art Biz
Grow Your List
🧡 Sponsored by the Art Biz Accelerator a coaching group to support and remind you that you’re part of a global artist community.